Thread: [REL] FOTRS Ultimate Project
View Single Post
Old 06-01-18, 09:22 AM   #6046
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

Quote:
1. AI Sensor modifications...... after "verifying" that what they read is what you get? In other words, checking to see if a 1000 yards maximum range is truly a 1000 yards range? I've got my suspicions that it is not and that's why the AI (game controlled units) Visuals, Sonar, Radar, Hydrophone are producing superhuman tendencies in-game. Not that a little of this is all bad but, I want more realistic game play.
From what I have experienced so far, the own crew visual sensors are pretty well adjusted, I have yet to be in a situation where I can see a ship/plane and my crew can't spot it or the opposite. This is true both night and day, so good job thus far in that regard!

Regarding the enemy visual sensor, I have not taken real risks, so I can't say if the merchant crew sensors can spot you easily or not, but I tend to think they are more in the "stupid" side (Which is fine). Once a ship is hit, though, they are quite alert and can spot you surfacing at night at 2-3000 yards where they had not seen you surfaced previously. Their gun accurancy is good with small weapons, not as good with deck guns, which again is a relief and probably quite realistic.

Finally, I am shooting ships with salvos of two torpedoes each, always one set for contact, one for magnetic pistol. Contact fuses are quite reliable, magnetic ones are failing around 50%.