View Single Post
Old 05-10-18, 09:44 AM   #3000
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

10th May 1918

Western Front

British eject Germans from front trench north-west of Albert.

Great activity of British bombing-machines on whole front.

French improve positions north of Kemmel village.

Naval and Overseas Operations

Attack on Ostend; H.M.S. Vindictive filled with concrete and sunk inside harbour mouth in early hours of morning.

Ship Losses:

Amplegarth (United Kingdom) The cargo ship struck a mine laid by UC 71 (Walter Warzecha) and sank in the English Channel 1 nautical mile (1.9 km) west south west of Dover, Kent. Her crew survived.
Anboto Mendi (Spain) The cargo ship was sunk in the North Sea off Robin Hood's Bay, Yorkshire, United Kingdom by SM UB-21 ( Kaiserliche Marine).
Erich Lea (Norway) The cargo ship was sunk in the North Sea 6 nautical miles (11 km) south east of Whitby, Yorkshire by SM UB-107 ( Kaiserliche Marine). Her crew survived.
Itinda (United Kingdom) The cargo ship was torpedoed and sunk in the Mediterranean Sea 40 nautical miles (74 km) north of Matra Susa, Libya (32°24′N 21°48′E) by SM U-47 ( Austro-Hungarian Navy) with the loss of a crew member.
HMML 254 (Royal Navy) The motor launch was lost on this date.
Szechuen (United Kingdom) The cargo ship was torpedoed and sunk in the Mediterranean Sea 60 nautical miles (110 km) north by east of Port Said, Egypt (32°00′N 32°46′E) by SM UB-51 ( Kaiserliche Marine) with the loss of nine of her crew.
SM UB-16 (Kaiserliche Marine) The Type UB I submarine was torpedoed and sunk in the North Sea off Harwich, Essex, United Kingdom (52°06′N 2°01′E) by HMS E34 ( Royal Navy) with the loss of thirteen of her fourteen crew.
HMS Vindictive (Royal Navy) The Arrogant-class cruiser was sunk as a blockship at Ostend, West Flanders, Belgium.
Wileysike (United Kingdom) The cargo ship was torpedoed and sunk in St. George's Channel 8 nautical miles (15 km) off St. Ann's Head, Pembrokeshire by SM U-54 ( Kaiserliche Marine) with the loss of four crew.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote