View Single Post
Old 05-07-18, 03:00 PM   #2809
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by eisenwurst View Post

No anniversary or anything, just a bit of a tribute to Jayne Mansfield.

She had an IQ of a very high order ( genius? ), spoke 5 languages, great sense of humour, and died tragically in a car accident at the very young age of 34.
Jayne Mansfield appeared in an early Rock & Roll themed film, The Girl Can't Help It (1956), with the title song performed by Little Richard. The opening scene was like something Benny Hill would have done:

Here is the full song, with several scenes of Jayne from the movie:

Jayne Mansfield was known for being a big self-promoter, always hyping whatever project she had going at the moment; she once made and appearance on Johnny Carson's Tonight Show, and, during her interview, Carson had a small cash register on his desk; every time Jayne would plug something, Carson would press a key on the register and a loud "Ka-Ching" would sound...

Jayne's daughter is a star in her own right as the lead on the TV series Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, a role she has held for 19 seasons. Here she discusses her mothers death:

@Eichhörnchen: Ute Lemper! My God, I've had a thing for her ever since I saw her years ago on a PBS program; I bought her albums and her long-form videos. Good choice!!

<O>