View Single Post
Old 04-20-18, 09:15 AM   #1764
Threadfin
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

In like a lion, out like a sham.

Overdue, yes, but the interesting thing will be what happens from here. Le Professor will get his farewells and plaudits and everyone will talk about how awesome he is (was). Fair enough, he deserves most of it.

As poor as he has been recently, I wonder what becomes of the club. Who takes the position? Arsenal are an unbalanced side, with holes all over the pitch. No Champion's League and possibly no Europe at all.

There is a chance that things turn out well, with the right manager at the helm and the right signings to address the squad's shortcomings. But there is also the very real chance of it all going horribly wrong.

The Premier League is no longer the top 4 and everyone else. Arsenal no longer have a guaranteed place at the adult table, and they could easily find themselves mired in mid-table mediocrity next season. They are two points ahead of freakin' Burnley for crying out loud.

Personally I hope for a crash and burn, but suspect they'll come good. Just depends on who takes the job.

So who will that be?

Low? After this summer's World Cup I can see him stepping down and looking to make a name in club management. This one has legs.

Simeone? Maybe. He could feel he is ready for a higher profile club. But the grass isn't always greener, and he is Atletico. 50/50

Ancelloti? Too safe, but maybe that's what they'll need for the transition and to avoid a Ferguson>Moyes repeat disaster.

Vieria? Not yet. I can see him here down the line though.

Arteta? See above

Tuchel? Yes, this is my guess. He seems a good fit, the right sort of manager for Arsenal.

Brendan Rodgers? No. But wait, yes! This is who they will actually appoint, because it's Arsenal.