View Single Post
Old 03-27-18, 04:58 PM   #3
Pisces
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 304
Uploads: 0

First of all, whatever your understanding level and experience in the game permits you to do. Whatever your playstyle is.

The torpedo fire control autocrew should enter apropriate torpedo parameters. run-to-enable, floor and ceiling depths... that sort of thing. It really isn't the most complicated stuf you have to do. Prevent your torps from running in the floor and not enable after passing the contact. Search depth can help with popping the torpedo up to the other side of the layer and stay stealthy for a bit longer. (torpedo transit at the depth you fired them at) I'm not sure the firecontrol autocrew is really smart either.

I autocrew mostly the tedious tasks. Radar plotting and sonar intercept. TMA on the OH-Perry because it is just practically impossible to do it manually there. TMA on the subs in target rich environments only. But I do want to fiddle with that myself mostly. TMA Autocrew seems to cheat too much. It knows too much with too little information. So I autocrew it as little as possible. I'm not sure what autocrew the helo has, but I think I only let the mad/esm, radar and pilots autocrew.

Sonar autocrew in the subs basically only scan the bearings for contact and mark anything it comes across. Even if it is a false signal or your own noise. TMA autocrew drops it if it is a mirror contact. Generally the sonar crew spam many contact reports (that TMA dropped previously) and doesn't help clarity or situational awareness. Also, I find searching the faint signals, classifying and figuring out who's where on what array the fun part. So I do that manually.
Pisces is offline   Reply With Quote