Old 01-22-18, 07:26 PM   #14
VikingSail
Watch

Downloads: 40
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenonSurf View Post
Hi VickingSail,
If you have an NVidia card (or else), then right-click on your desktop: you should see 'NVidia Control Panel' with a green icon in the pop-up text, or a setup program for your grafics card.
If you don't , you must then go in the grafic settings via the Start > System Control > Hardware & Sound, where a program for your grafic card should be located as an icon. This is present on any computer system AFAIK.
You can set there the resolution, the 3D settings, the video settings etc. and also scaling options.

The scaling options are usually 'Centered' 'Aspect Ratio' and 'Fullscreen'. The default setting is 'Aspect Ratio done by Display' which is good for 99% of launched programs or games. For SH5 it has been reported to give better results when changing it from 'Display' to 'GPU' , adn also from 'Aspect Ratio' to 'Fullscreen' , which means your card will scale the grafics if necessary. (Same for SH3 btw).

Unfortunately, this is only a possible solution for your problem, but for what I read elsewhere this is mainly the cause, also Windows Creators can interfere badly with SH5.

Also permit me to say that a laptop with a non-dedicated grafics card may just not deliver enough RAM for running smoothly SH5. Also TWoS has additional requirements...

I hope this gives you something to start your troubleshooting, also google on the net for 'grafic artefacts', 'distorted grafics' etc. you may find some useful articles or forum replies.

Good luck,
Thank you. After hours of digging around I think I'm going to the right direction.
Let me explain my situation: I have a laptop with an Optimus system (2 graphics card: an Intel integrated one that comes with the CPU and a nVidia dedicated one). In this case, the scaling doesn't show up in the nVidia control panel - it is dictated by the Intel graphics and the nVidia one will just act the same as what you set in the Intel Graphics Setting.

The settings in the Intel Graphics is a bit different - they are not one to one as you listed in the nVidia CP ( 'Centered' 'Aspect Ratio' and 'Fullscreen'). I think I need to test them out one by one and see which one actually works - assuming that this IS indeed the reason why I was having this: https://imgur.com/a/Fws0X
VikingSail is offline   Reply With Quote