View Single Post
Old 01-22-18, 06:45 PM   #13
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingSail View Post
Hello XenonSurf, thanks for your quick reply. A few hours later I'm still struggling with this problem.

Can you explain to me where exactly do to set the scaling options to fullscreen with GPU?

=======EDIT===========

I came across this post you posted a while ago: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...45&postcount=9

Unfortunately I'm using a laptop with nvidia graphics card. I don't have the full options in a desktop nvidia control panel. What else can I do?
Hi VickingSail,
If you have an NVidia card (or else), then right-click on your desktop: you should see 'NVidia Control Panel' with a green icon in the pop-up text, or a setup program for your grafics card.
If you don't , you must then go in the grafic settings via the Start > System Control > Hardware & Sound, where a program for your grafic card should be located as an icon. This is present on any computer system AFAIK.
You can set there the resolution, the 3D settings, the video settings etc. and also scaling options.

The scaling options are usually 'Centered' 'Aspect Ratio' and 'Fullscreen'. The default setting is 'Aspect Ratio done by Display' which is good for 99% of launched programs or games. For SH5 it has been reported to give better results when changing it from 'Display' to 'GPU' , adn also from 'Aspect Ratio' to 'Fullscreen' , which means your card will scale the grafics if necessary. (Same for SH3 btw).

Unfortunately, this is only a possible solution for your problem, but for what I read elsewhere this is mainly the cause, also Windows Creators can interfere badly with SH5.

Also permit me to say that a laptop with a non-dedicated grafics card may just not deliver enough RAM for running smoothly SH5. Also TWoS has additional requirements...

I hope this gives you something to start your troubleshooting, also google on the net for 'grafic artefacts', 'distorted grafics' etc. you may find some useful articles or forum replies.

Good luck,

Last edited by XenonSurf; 01-22-18 at 07:06 PM.
XenonSurf is offline   Reply With Quote