Thread: [REL] Playable Russian Subs
View Single Post
Old 12-31-17, 02:50 AM   #569
nubbins
Swabbie

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0

Finished a narwhal '84 campaign, and noticed that some enemy ships are inflicting pretty heavy damage upon themselves by running into their own torps.

I don't know exactly what's happening but as I followed my torp into a Kanin (I replaced mk48 with ADCAP on the narwhal because I hate snaking and I knew that she did get the torpedo eventually), she dropped a SET-65 off her starboard launcher and it more or less exploded immediately after hitting the water...by the time my ADCAP acquired, the Kanin was on fire with a sizeable gash starboard.

I suppose the Kanin was in the midst of a hard starboard turn and ran into the SET-65 (which is a slow weapon, and first dips then returns to the surface)? But then again, they usually arm a couple seconds after entering the water (turning from green to yellow) and this did not take that long. The Sovremenny in that same engagement took its own USET-80 in the starboard side, more or less exactly the same unfortunate accident as the Kanin.

Something tells me that this is more an issue for CW devs, but it never hurts to know. Using latest mod on 1.09e release.
nubbins is offline   Reply With Quote