View Single Post
Old 12-27-17, 01:59 AM   #316
Red October1984
Airplane Nerd

Downloads: 115
Uploads: 0

All the parts are in and in the process of being installed. Should have a range report on the new AR-15 6.5 Grendel DMR by next week.

Been several months, one piece at a time, but i've finally got everything.

Parts list

Aero Precision Ghost Gun Lower
Aero Precision M4E1 Enhanced Upper
A P Enhanced M-Lok Handguard 15"
A P Low Profile Gas Block
A P Melonite gas tube, rifle length
Brownells Mil-Spec Lower Parts Kit
Magpul MIAD 1.1 grip (ODG)
Magpul MOE Fixed Rifle Stock (ODG)
Magpul Enhanced Trigger Guard (ODG)
(Generic buffer assembly, bought used off a friend)
Toolcraft bolt carrier group
Republic Firearms Cerakote ODG Mil-Spec charging handle*
Cheap knock-off "Magpul" flip up iron sights until my good ones come in the mail
Ballistic Advantage Premium series 20" HBAR stainless barrel
VG6 Precision 65 muzzle brake
1x ASC 25 rd magazine (Prob gonna go with the Alexander Arms E-Landers)

Waiting on Daniel Defense fixed iron sights. Going to use those for a while since a proper scope really isnt in the budget.

Magpul MS4 sling is in the mail. The handguard and stock have quick-detach sockets built in so that'll be a pretty sweet hybrid sling setup.

Also determining what bipod I want to go with. The stainless HBAR barrel leaves the gun pretty front-heavy. It's not going to be very comfortable to fire unsupported or on the move.

*Republic sent me a faulty charging handle and is going to replace it. Will probably upgrade later on to a BCM Gunfighter or a Raptor-LT.

Upper is at the gunsmith getting properly torqued right now. I'd have done it myself, but do not have access to the tools anymore and for the cost of the tools, i could have paid the gunsmith three times what he's charging me to install/torque/test fire.

Off to the range (backyard ) over New Year's hopefully for the barrel break-in! Once the barrel is broken in, I'll have my nice iron sights and will be able to start doing some serious shooting. Going to work and save up for a proper rifle scope later on to take the rifle out hunting/long distance.