View Single Post
Old 11-18-17, 08:30 AM   #9261
Werner von Schmidt
Seaman

Downloads: 122
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by gambla View Post
I agree with that and it's a good point. In terms of realism, we need to realize that there are different player types and approaches:

a) players who like to do only the real tasks of a Kaleun on a U-Boot
b) players who like to do many more tasks that are not necessarily KL tasks (ship ID, navigation tasks etc.)
c) players who like to micromanage basically everything

So we need to differentiate and be careful to consider certain automations/tasks unrealistic.

Personally, I'm type "a" and for example I don't use real navigation. But on the other hand I'd like my navigation officer to use it, to see some random, realistic failures in determing boat position due to bad weather, currents etc.
That's my point, thank you. For example in the German version of the TWoS I try to offer three different versions regarding the Enigma feature:
  1. You have to decode nothing.
  2. You have to decode only "Kommandantenfunkspruch" (radio reports for the commander), the rest will be decoded by your radioman / IIWO (which is the most realistic version for a commander)
  3. You have to decode everything.
So identifying the target delayed would give us a feeling that it's a feature of your crew (which it is) and not just a feature of the game. And yeah, sometimes you want to represent for example the LI and diving to 260m by setting depth rudder manually.

I really hope it's possible.
Werner von Schmidt

Last edited by Werner von Schmidt; 11-18-17 at 08:39 AM.
Werner von Schmidt is offline   Reply With Quote