Old 11-01-17, 02:59 PM   #22
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eichhörnchen View Post
I accidentally brushed against a squirrel the other day
Yeah, sure... that's your story and you're going to stick to it, eh?...

Having lived in Hollywood for over 40 years, I've heard a lot of the rumors that later turned out to be fact; there is an awful lot of male on male sexual harassment in the entertainment business rumored to be going on for many, many decades. There are several very powerful men in the upper reaches of the entertainment business who are known for their gay sexual inclinations and their wealth and power have long protected them, just as wealth and power have shielded hetero offenders. In addition to the wealth/power shield, there is a network of "fixers" who serve to preserve the secrecy of the offenders, usually PIs who will do just about anything to protect their clients; the best known to the public was the PI, Anthony Pellicano, who handled Michael Jackson's affairs when Jackson was accused of child molestation; the guy is a real piece of work, in the old Private Dick mold:

http://www.newsweek.com/anthony-pell...-silence-67115

http://articles.latimes.com/2005/jan...me-pellicano12

The activities of people like Pellicano are not the exception in Hollywood or the rest of the entertainment world, they are normal SOP. I have, over the years, personally heard and seen a good many things that would probably shock a lot of people about some of their favorite celebrities; a lot of the activity has either been swept under the rug or ignored because the offender was/is 'too powerful' to speak out against. I don't think this current rash of scandals is really going to change a lot of things in the long run, but it is going to make a lot of people as yet unmentioned in the media very, very uncomfortable...

<O>