View Single Post
Old 10-25-17, 10:30 PM   #5
ETR3(SS)
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 175
Uploads: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCruise View Post
I've never seen the Mk45 in the campaign, or the game unless I missed something. Is it included with one of the mods, or maybe a air dropped?

From what I saw in the text file, there is a Mk45 there but it looks like its not enabled. it has "//" before the text.

Like I said, I'm not doing this as a serious mod, just tinkering on my own mostly to see if I could do it and what would happen. Its just for my fun.
That's cool I get that, I do a lot of tinkering myself. When 1.08 came out it had the MK 45 enabled. It was a new weapon for the game and made in response to the drawbacks of the MK 16 vs surface contacts. It also worked better against the November and Victor I due to it's higher speed over the MK 37.

In reality the MK 45 was a nuclear torpedo, but it was feasible to remove the nuclear warhead and replace it with the guidance package and warhead like that used in the MK 37. In fact after the development of the MK 48, the MK 45 was withdrawn from service and several were converted to the conventional warhead I just mentioned, to my knowledge they weren't used by anyone then.

But if you want, you can reactivate the MK 45 by removing the // marks and add it to your 1968 boats.

USS Kentucky SSBN 737 (G)
Comms Div 2003-2006
Qualified 19 November 03

Yes I was really on a submarine.
ETR3(SS) is offline   Reply With Quote