Thread: Nature calls?
View Single Post
Old 09-19-17, 06:23 PM   #28
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by me
And then things got interesting!!! Bear in mind that U-boat skippers, especially of the von Forstner calibre are straight shooting, precise caculating Alpha sorts that don't miss out on the details-their lives depend on it...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve View Post
Fascinating! Not one source I've looked at mentions that story, or of course I would have reported it. That said, the linked site seems to have done their homework and there is no reason not to believe the story.

Thanks for pointing that out.

[edit] Love that illustration of him airborne.
Just found this while in another U boot discovery thread: http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-south-scotland-37691283
Quote:
The entire crew of the U-boat is reported to have abandoned ship due to the "monster attack".

Once aboard the British ship HM Drifter Coreopsis, their commander, Captain Krech described their encounter.
He is said to have spoken of a beast with "large eyes, set in a horny sort of skull…with teeth that could be seen glistening in the moonlight".
He apparently claimed that the sub was so damaged in its battle with the "monster", it could no longer submerge.

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote