View Single Post
Old 09-06-17, 11:25 AM   #7099
MGR1
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 252
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEED View Post
Some rich bloke rang in to a radio phone in last night moaning the SNP were bleeding his kind dry and the SNP was on course to bankrupt Scotland's economy. He was a employer owning a small company, I suspect too a point he was telling the truth. Question is has the SNP now passed its peak and trying to do what every it can to hold on to power?
It's a bit more subtle than that. There was a major stooshie last year over changes to business rates. As it turns out businesses in the North East and many other rural areas would be most affected by the rises, the Central Belt less so. So if he's based in the NE it's a bone of contention between the business community here and the SNP administration.

There have been dark mutterings up in this neck of the woods (Aberdeen in particular) that the SNP has deliberately set out sabotage the economy up here in order to boost that in the western central belt (i.e. the Clyde Valley and Glasgow) so they can hold on to their new ex-Labour voter base in those areas.

No doubt relations have worsened now that the Tories have made gains at the SNP's expense in this area.

Mike.
"I am the battleship Jean Bart. This name originates from a certain 'respected' privateer... Yes? You want to know what privateers are? Hmph, they are pirates that rob openly under the banner of their country."

Jean Bart from the mobile game Azur Lane.