View Single Post
Old 09-05-17, 12:32 PM   #203
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

From a legal point of view, it was obvious that his lawyer would tell him to follow that line. The evidence of KW having died onboard -admitted by him already- and him having disposed of the body was undeniable, so the only defence left is to try and avoid the charge of murder. It is the accusation's burden to provide the evidence of the intentional killing, otherwise the accidental death can't be ruled out and as such he can't be punished for murder. At most for unvoluntary death of that person by negligence or imprudence, and the difference is big at least in the spanish law and I guess in the danish one too. I am almost certain that he won't be able to avoid the punishment for mistreatment of the body, but the key is if he will be even punished for imprudent/negligence homicide.

It is important to note that while we all might come to our own conclussions regarding what happened based on how the body was disposed of, on a court things are different and a greater certainty is mandatory, as our western legal systems are based on the idea of it being preferable to have a guilty escape punishment rather than an innocent suffering it. The fact of dismembering the body per se is not necessarily an admission of murder in a court, like it or not. You can presume that the dismembering might have something to do with him willing to hide evidence of the murder (The injuries in the head could be quite telling of murder instead of accident, same as self-defence injuries on arms when protecting yourself from hits or stabs), but that is just our educated guess, so don't think that it can be asumed as such in a court.

Anyway, a very, very sad thing to happen to anyone, my thoughts are with KW's family and I hope the investigation and trial clears things finally.