View Single Post
Old 09-02-17, 01:44 PM   #7
The Bandit
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 39
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Pv- View Post
Just got the game after the recent improvement to the interface. My first reaction is graphically strong and familiar enough game play to Dangerous Waters to step right into it after some UI adjustment.

Q:
When I launch a wired torp on the opposite site of the layer from the target, I don't seem to be able to use the Up/Down arrows on the Weapon UI to force the torp up/down through the layer so it approaches the target at the correct depth. The L/R arrows work fine but the U/D arrows seem to be ignored.
Clicking Activate Torpedo does not seem to change the ability to use this control.

-PV-
The torpedo is still in its "pre-enable" state, which means it is basically in transit mode, running out to the waypoint you set for it. When it reaches that point (or you manually enable it by pressing "4") it will then start hunting for a target and assuming any of the other pre-sets you've given it (active sonar, deep or shallow running, snake-search pattern or circling) and give you direct manual control over both heading and depth.