View Single Post
Old 08-23-17, 10:35 AM   #5217
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral Lutjens View Post
I tried starting the game and it went through the first few screens, then the load bar stayed full. Then another window with all of these error messages popped up and I hit enter through them all then the game crashed to desktop. Obviously I did something wrong?

Any modification you try, then remove, since you installed your Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific version 1.5, has to leave your clean game files as it found them.......clean and undisturbed. In other words, if you've added mods to your stock game, make sure the stock game is just as you installed them before adding another mod.

How do you do this? By using the JSGME "Compare Snapshot" feature that will tell you if your stock game files are exactly as they were when first installed. Since most players wish to try modifying their stock game....most have used JSGME to do just that. You add JSGME to your newly installed game, and begin adding mods as you see fit......but many players don't bother to take that clean/unmodded "Snapshot" of your stock game files before trying a modification. That's a huge mistake!!

Some mods, even the most popular (TMO for instance) DO NOT leave your stock game files intact. It alter's the stock game files!! When this happens, following modifications (like Fotrs Ultimate), will not have the same stock game files to work with....and will preform unexpectedly from the way we intended.

You the player, need to make sure you've installed your game properly, and have a clean stock game to use before adding any mod to your game.

I suggest all players to follow proper installation by using this thread "[TEC] Windows10; Large Address Aware; SH4 Install". No matter what Operating System a player uses, the tutorial in this thread will have you installing your game properly, and allowing your game to run as efficiently as possible. Then take that JSGME "Snapshot" for future use, to check your stock game for possible corruption.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote