View Single Post
Old 08-21-17, 11:34 PM   #11
BarracudaUAK
Captain

Downloads: 33
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelharvest View Post
woot woot, got the GWX loaded. It has some cool upgrades however I noticed that the position circle for my sub is missing, the damage to hull indicator is missing and the icon identifying my sub facing on the map is missing. Is this normal?..if not, is there a fix? I rather liked those indicators.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZipperZuperZinga View Post
Me as well lol. Any ideas?

Short answer, it's part of the mod.

There are a few mods on subsim that will restore those items.

Slightly longer answer:
GWX went for more "realism" in the sense that you wouldn't know exactly how much more you sub could handle.
Also, you wouldn't know exactly where you were with the external camera.

I know the changes (as well as the bearing indicator on the binoculars) can be "undone".
You will have to make a tweak of the SilentHunterIII\data\Menu\menu_1024_768.ini to restore the bearing indicator in the binoculars, as well as the "AP" shells for the deck gun.
Should be as simple as deleting the semi-colon ( ; ) at the respective entries.

The other two (I think) are files that need to be replaced to work.

There was a thread that specifically listed the needed changes, but I'm unsure were it is at the moment.
If I get a chance I will try to search for it.

Best suggestion is to search for something similar to "AP shells in gwx".
Should provide you with a place to start.

I've "replaced" a few things removed by GWX as I was making a few mods of my own, and I needed to have a "frame of reference" to work with.
But unfortunately SH3 and SH4 are giving me some graphical issues at the current time, so I haven't played either in a while.

Also "SH3 Commander" has an option to restore the hull indicator. It also makes a few other tweaks such as "faking" thermal layers, so you might check that out as well.

Barracuda
BarracudaUAK is offline   Reply With Quote