View Single Post
Old 08-21-17, 06:07 AM   #8485
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123
Uploads: 0

Hi gap
Quote:
Talking about it, a feature that I would happily give up, and I think you will agree with me on that, is the teleport function: it makes our lives much easier, but IMO it is somewhat unrealistic and it totally betrays one of the main strong points of SH5 over its prdecessors. i.e. the chance of commanding a fully walkable sub
As a 100% player I agree with you, sober retains this feature surprisingly considering the other radical changes he has made.

The problem here is possibly two fold as I see it.
1. TWOS is based on encouraging players to use real nvaigation and play at a high game playing level ideally 100% as does sober.
2. The vast majority of players play at a much lower level, I would expect a great number also using Auto TDC and possibly much lower game play levels.
Looking at KSD Commander there is a great difference in the numbers between the "Elite Flotilla" (100%) 153 players and "All" 889 players even after taking out the 153 and double player entries.

So it is possible to get into a catch 22 situation if not careful of balancing the game for all players which needs to be respected.
The worst scenario is those at the lower level abandoning TWOS and going back to modding lists because the game has gone beyound their gaming capability.
I for one would certainly not want to see that going back into let's call it the dark ages.
The 3 mega mods on offer to SH5 players at least gives the players choice and reliable gaming of playing the game rather than fixing it.
Peter
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote