View Single Post
Old 08-16-17, 04:13 PM   #5
shipkiller1
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxFear View Post
I have some question, if anyone knows the answers to these maybe we can share our knowledge...

1. Is there any number on how Ultra Silent mode effects submarines sound levels? Like percentage or -X db?

2. Does submarine displacement has an impact on detection? I have a feeling it does, because no matter what UK's Astute feels like stealth bomber, and I can not hide with my Typhoon class no matter what, every time I start a mission it seems like there is 5 torpedoes in the water trying to kill me.

3. How does aircraft drop torpedoes on you? Sometimes they drop on top of you, but ships that have surface launched rockets that carry torpedoes do nothing in the mean while... Does that mean that each enemy detect by individually or they save the their ammo in case first one does not finish you?

4. Does MOSS show up on enemy radar as submarine or as something else? Do any of the submarines on enemy side launch MOSS'es? If so, how they appear on your radar?
I will comment on some of the misconceptions.

2. Displacement has no effect on passive detection. Only active and not very much.

3. ASW aircraft depending on the situation may be VERY aggressive and drop on a poor solution. Sometimes, it is not that the ASW forces kill you but break up your attack, thus giving them more time to resolve any contact data that they may have on you. If they can drive you away, thats a mission kill. That's not as good as a platform kill but most will take that and be grateful.
Although the game does not simulate this, Helo's can return and rearm, whereas a fixed wing aircraft has to RTB to do this.

4. Why would a MOSS show up on Radar? Sonar, certainly. That is what they are designed to do. Also, US SSN's do not carry MOSS..
shipkiller1 is offline   Reply With Quote