View Single Post
Old 08-09-17, 04:59 PM   #96
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by yubba View Post
If you can find the thread of the original pt-109 you'll see they had a 50cal mounted on the bow and it was manned,,, and if you can find the original pt-109 down load, it is here in downloads, down load that ,, not Bismarcks,, you might get the ai crew back on the 40s and they will be both single barrels,,. You know I might be able to live with a 20 at the search lite mount and get rid of those 20 tubs..
Find Equipment file to change mounts and you'll have to put those goodies in the library/subparts to make them work just learned that doing the Fletch

Screen Shots please.

You really hate those tubs huh ? lol I dont mind them, better than no "turret" at all., since they did have turrets or sorts.

I just want to get deck crew going on guns mounted at GQ, and since playing in campaign have it upgrade over time.

Not best SS butt as can see I have a single 20 MM where spotlight used to be. I actually just placed a single .50 cal there. Least can man it yourself. Problem is when add .50 cal wont let you man the twin .40 anymore.But when have 20 mm there, it will let you man both.Weird huh.

I'd like to get it to the following configurations for career.

December 41- start with twin .50 cals in gun tubs. Make one an AA gun, one function as a deck gun(or both if possible) .Have the spotlight position an optional .50 cal or single 20mm,

Summer of 42 if would like can upgrade gun tubs to single and later in fall 20 MM. This would correpspond with once PT's lull in action that occurred after philippines and midway, starting seeing heavy action at Guadalcanal in October and November , found need for heavier guns.

Around may or june 43 can get 40mm on bow and have which gun(s) would prefer in the spotlight position in the gun tubs. Aft mounted 20 MM and upgrade to 40 in mid to late 43. I'm no sure how to make all of this happen.

Also, was thinking what you said about depth charges for DD. Wonder if could change the decoys around, make them depth charges. When launch decoys, perhaps get a depth charge effect.Ideally itd do damage to a sub but even if just eye candy, itd be cool.

Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote