View Single Post
Old 08-03-17, 04:31 AM   #3505
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platapus View Post
Right now, my fear is that Trump will try to divert attention from his administration by starting something with North Korea.

Unfortunately it is an old but very effective trick.
I have similar qualms. I ran into an acquaintance, who voted for Trump, a couple of days ago, and he reminded me of a casual bet we made a while back, just after the inauguration; he had been upset when Trump chose not to go after a criminal investigation of Hillary Clinton immediately after taking office as he had promised during the campaign. I commented Trump was probably holding that 'card' in reserve in the event the whole Russian mess blew up and he found himself up against it over the issue; I also speculated if Trump found his position even more dire, he would most likely fall back on what you aptly called "an old but very effective trick". My acquaintance thought I was wrong and insisted on a bet over the issue. When I saw him last, just after Trump started his "What about Hillary?" tweet-storm and berating of Sessions, he said to me "You called it." He wanted to pay off on the bet, but I really didn't want to capitalize on something that was so obvious, so I said I'd modify the bet to a double or nothing if Trump started some sort of military action if he really got pinned down so as to deflect and distract from his troubles...

I really hope I won't be placed in a position to collect on that bet...

<O>