Old 08-02-17, 01:50 PM   #458
Kendras
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Icon14

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
I had started doing something similar in Google Earth, with lighthouse names and positions shown on map and clickable icons linked to individual pages with pictures, informations and relevant links for each lighthouse. I had planned to add all the French lighthouses; it is not finished yet, but if you want I can send the file your way.
Yes, I'm curious to see what lighthouses you want to add.

By the way, I have created an Excel file to store and calculate coordinates. Here it is :

http://www.mediafire.com/file/sjb4as...ordinates.xlsx

Quote:
I like your layout, but it is a bit too late now. I have already finished modelling the damaged tower according to the picture I had posted the day before yesterday; I am ready applying to it any slight modification you might suggest
I would delete the 2 small black portions of concrete remaining on top (after the explosion of the gaz tank, they would have been thrown in the air). And I would add another row of metalic bars.

Quote:
I think I get your point: making enemy AI units to attack the lighthouse, but without raging against it, when the beacon is damaged beyond repair. Isn't it?
Yes. Once the light device is destroyed, the AI doesn't fire anymore on the beacon.

Quote:
If we wanted the AI to stop attacking our lighthouse as soon, or shortly after, the top model is destroyed, we should link tower top's damage box to a zone whose hit points are ca. equal to the hit points of the whole unit (as set in its .zon file/CollisionableObject controller).

Quote:
Maybe we should use a different zone for the main unit, similar to the one assigned to the top, but with 'Destructible' parameter set to 'No'.
Yes, sure.

Quote:
The problem is that if the unit is destroyed, it is possible that also the main model will be removed.

What do you think? Should we try?
Let's try, and see what happens.