View Single Post
Old 08-01-17, 04:40 PM   #20
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by yubba View Post
Do have that constant ringing in your ears what is that,, that's the collision alarm that will not stop after taking a hit ,, go to sound make a new folder,, and cut the collision alarm out ,, play it first to make sure you got the right one before you move it to the new folder.
No dont get that sound.

I definitely want to do some facelift to the PT-109 for use in a campaign. I'm nearly finished with my RSRD upgrade (for now) and will release soon once put it all together. There will be future versions but I have major portions complete and am a little burnt out in sense I need to work on something else in the sim.

Making a PT boat campaign wouldnt be terribly difficult, as the traffic is there, esp in RSRD in the solomons.I've added a lot of supplemential traffic esp small traffic in the New Georgia, Kolombangara areas and would add more.

Some work to be done but if can get past this barrier, should be possible.Can make it so based at Rendova, Tulagi etc so can start close to base.

PT boat needs working surface search radar for upgrade as subs have ub campaign, maybe if possible replace the searchlight, redo some of the gun armaments. to suit time period. Twin .50 cals etc.Also need to make it so have crew on deck when no at GQ and would like them to wear helmets(kapoks also if possible) when at GQ on deck such as in TMO.

I already changed the torpedoes for PT use. Mark 10 is now Mark 8, Mark 23 is now Mark 13 which PT's used later. Changed Mark 14 to Mark 15 specs for destroyers etc. For fun changed the Mark 16 to Mark 17. Made the Mark 18 and Cuties fictional versions for surface vessel use. Need to find where can edit the "torpedo notes".

I'm still learning as I go about various things and some are confusing.

I've had a lot of fun in single missions playing around with the PT boat. Racing in, getting close for decent shot, trying to aim torps manually while moving at such high speeds is a challenge, letting them loose then racing away.After impact the shells start falling, racing away dodging the shell splashes is interesting. Also edited the 109's zones so its not such a tank, it takes serious hits, it will sink .
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote