Old 07-31-17, 06:37 PM   #449
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendras View Post
Already sent.
Where? My PM box on subsim or my private e-mail?

Quote:
No, I think it's not possible.
That's a shame. I think I saw LOD/distance settings among the parameters of some type of particle generator, but it was probably the, more sophisticated, SH5 version of them.

If we don't find any better solution, what about doing the effect a bit more subdued? As it is now, in full day, that litlle lantern is more shiny than the sun itself

Quote:
Yes, I used a big size to control the correct visual aspect of the effect. Now, it's easy to reduce its size.
Okay, I would halve the current size for a start, and see how it looks...

Quote:
Another thing about the light : it's noted "VQ", which means very quick if i'm correct. But at the moment, the light is rather quick than very quick. So, I think I will make the light flashes shorter, but with same period of course.
Well, if we must follow the VQ flashing pattern schematized in the picture I had posted a few weeks ago, the sequence should be:

(short dark interval + light flash) x 9 = 6s (light and darkness of more or less equal duration = ca. 0.33s each)
long dark interval = 4s

I think you got this sequence about right, but if you think you can further improve it, why not?

Quote:
In order to take screenshots, don't use full screen option. Take screenshot with your normal shortcut to print the screen, and paste it in a picture software (paint).
I will try, but how do I switch to windowed mode?

Quote:
Good news !

Last edited by gap; 07-31-17 at 06:49 PM.
gap is offline   Reply With Quote