Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
Sure, send the files
Already sent.

Quote:
I have another suggestion. In theory, light intensity should decrease with the distance following the inverse-square law, but currently our effect is as bright when seen in close-up view as it is when seen from far away.
Would it be possible making it to gradually fade away until it completely disappears at a distance of about 8 nm (14.8 km) from its source?
No, I think it's not possible.

Quote:
something else I would do, is making the flash considerably smaller: it looks a bit too big for such a modest light.
Yes, I used a big size to control the correct visual aspect of the effect. Now, it's easy to reduce its size. Another thing about the light : it's noted "VQ", which means very quick if i'm correct. But at the moment, the light is rather quick than very quick. So, I think I will make the light flashes shorter, but with same period of course.

Quote:
Hi MLF, unfortunately there is not such a file in the root folder of my SHIII installation, but thank you anyway
In order to take screenshots, don't use full screen option. Take screenshot with your normal shortcut to print the screen, and paste it in a picture software (paint).

Quote:
It has been a while since the last alpha version that you have tested, but compared to that, the upcoming version will have:
  • working specular reflections on all the model surfaces, changing with general luminosity and with light angle;
  • better caustics effect and shadowing both on the lighthouse base and on the underneath rock (but only underwater);
  • improved material attributes for all the materials used by the model;
  • improved light flare effect, which will cast reflections on the sea surface;
  • fully collisionable/damageable model;
  • damage decals expecially made for the model;
  • tower top, eaves and configurable items detachable from the model when they incur a certain level of damage;
  • hopefully (if Kendras manages doing the magic ), foam from crashing waves on the sea surface, around the base of the lighthouse;
  • maybe (if I manage doing the magic ), different wave lapping/crashing sounds triggered by wave height, in place of the one lapping sound currently featured, that plays without interruption no matter what sea conditions are.

Stay tuned for this new version
Good news !