View Single Post
Old 07-27-17, 09:42 AM   #391
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendras View Post
I don't understand why it's not working. What am I supposed to see ? Can you show me the island you created ?
In SH3 Terrain Extractor, after repacking the SHIII terrain with my changes, this is what I see:

If you have followed my instructions to the letter, you should at least see the island in Mission Editor.

In game, it is possible that I made the island too low (used the '48' grey value as height, i.e. the first value used for land). Who knows, the island might be semi-submerged...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendras View Post
and yes, still black ...
Okay, this should exclude file complexity, big texture size and non-embedded textures as a cause for the black reflection map. I will make one last attempt with the SpecularMaks controller currently implemented, by reducing the number of materials from two to one. If that doesn't work either, I will switch to the other method: TextureMap chunck embedded to the texture and set to 'specular', and specular map stored in a separate tga file, as you have suggested.

On as side note: guess WHAAAT? I have discovered that I can run the game from my installation on the external hard drive!
Everything seems to work fine. I can even load and play other single missions, but when I run our test mission, the game CTD's
gap is offline   Reply With Quote