MLF
Weps

Downloads: 137
Uploads: 0

Hi gap,Kendras.

Here are my findings:-

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post

- Water reflections: I have applied the Min and MaxVisDis settings you had suggested, and I would like to know if reflections look okay now.
The reflections look good, apart from the light (halo) missing - that doesn't look right IMO. See screenshot 1

Quote:
- Caustics: I have added caustics to the lighrhouse base and during one of his tests Kendras reported seeing them, but only underwater. I have adjusted controller's parameters, and I would like to know if caustics look okay now.
I believe caustics are the reflection of light from 1 surface to another. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caustic_(optics)

I would therefore expect to see light being reflected from the sea on to the lighthouse which I don't I'm afraid. However the light/shade does change when the sun moves around the tower. (See screenshot 2 and 3)

Quote:
- Specular reflections on the model: as you probably have read already, in the latest version I have added relfection controllers to most materials used on the model and on its subparts. How do they look in game?
As Kendras reports, the model was black with speckles. I deleted the alpha channel and the light was rendered correctly but possibly specular reflections isn't working?

Quote:
- One last thing: tle latest versions of the mod have restored light effect in its original configuration, i.e. halo FX on, but eithout water reflections. Thatis due to the two controller crashing the game when working together, as you and Kendras have reported. In v. 8 I have included a copy of the FX file without halo but with water reflections. Could you tell us:
a. if witha that file enbaled in place of the standard one, water reflections work
b. what is more desiderable/better looking among halo lights, or lights casting light on water?
I believe the reflection of the light on the water is more desirable as you have to be very close to the light to see the line under the platform which is still there. (See screenshot 4)

I also noticed a gap (not you) appearing between the tower and the base/rock as the sea level rises and falls – IMO not critical as underwater (See screenshots 5&6)

Chart Icon is much much better. (Screenshot 7)

Rock and tower both collisionable (Screenshots 8 & 9)

As reported by Kendras, after shooting away the light – halo and top mark still exist. (Screenshot 10)

Hope this helps

Out for most of day, so won't be able to test.

Regards,

MLF
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen 1.jpg (34.4 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg Screen 2.jpg (46.6 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg Screen 3.jpg (51.1 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg Screen 4.jpg (61.8 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg Screen 5.jpg (18.7 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg Screen 6.jpg (17.3 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg Screen 7.jpg (89.5 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg Screen 8.jpg (60.4 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg Screen 9.jpg (37.2 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg Screen 10.jpg (19.7 KB, 14 views)