View Single Post
Old 07-19-17, 07:16 AM   #284
Kendras
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
mmm... it can't be that. Have you really tested the tga file that I have put in the 'spare icon' folder?
Yes Sir.

Quote:
What I have understood is that the game scales the tga overlay, no matter what is its pixel resolution, to fit the same space on map.
Definitely not.

Quote:
This is exactly what is happening with the tga file I have placed in the Locations folder of the last alpha, and with the one you yoursels have scaled to 20% of the original size, both of which you have tested yestarday.
No, in fact I didn't test your original tga, because I knew that it was far too big. Here is the definitive evidence, the pictures speaks for itself (in game icon with your original tga) :

Quote:
Yesterday night I have been looking into the issue. Everything is apparently in order, but I will keep inspecting the files this afternnon.
Don't loose your precious time on that problem, i will see/test that myself. Keep going forward with 3D modelling, you're very good !

Quote:
Yep, I had listened the same sound when I was looking for sound loops which might apply to our model, but I discardes it, because it is the sound of crashing waves, not realistic during fair weather. At the end I opted for the wave lapping sound already featured in SHIII with GWX (but I believe it is in stock game too): it would be audible during calm days, and it would be covered by the ambience sound of heavy waves when the weather is stormy. What do you think?
Mmh, I don't know. Maybe it's not the appropriate sound for this beacon, but sure it will be for bigger islands. On the video, the sea state is not stormy.

Quote:
Whatever is your decision, can you please send me your tweaked and/or added files when you are satisfied with them, so I can keep working on up-to-date files?
Yes, of course. I will send you v.8 during the afternoon.