View Single Post
Old 07-18-17, 03:43 PM   #275
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLF View Post
Have just had a quick test. CTD when the GPU picked up the first light flash I'm afraid. Took out the RayTracedHalo controller from Lighthouse_FX.dat and all now OK. What does this controller do (apart from CTD)?
I din't add that controller, Kendras did when he created the light effect. I think does what the name says: it adds to the game an halo which is base on actual light rays, not just flat particle set as emissive. Kendras might know on it more than I do. Didn't you see any difference after removing it?
What changed compared to Kendra's version of the FX, is my addition of a WaterReflection controller, so now we know that the two controllers are not reciprocally compatible

Quote:
Light tower offset from rock (see screenshot). What Lat and Long did you use in Locations.cfg and the corresponding co-ordinates in the .mis file? Sorry - I've not had time to look at Kendras' findings yet.
I don't know Kendra's settings. Let's wait for feedback from him. Is vertical alignment more or less good?

Quote:
I don't like the lack of hard reflections - personal taste or possibly environment mod in use? Here is a real life example of another tower on a perfect day.
Me neither, but I think that depends on environmenatl settings. I don't see any parameter that might affect reflection 'scattering' in the WaterReflection controller

Quote:
The chart icon is better, prefer the "spare" one I think.
Is the 'spare' one as jagged and big as the one whose screeenshot was posted by Kendras in his last post? Is the text still readable? I think I know how to scale those icons up and down without loosing resolution. Let me know if you think I should further reduce icon's size

Quote:
I'll try and search for an example of an old imperial unit (Feet and fathoms with the Lateral system of buoyage) admiralty chart showing light symbols - I'm sure they were more discrete.
That would be nice. You should look for the symbol for "tower beacon": that's what the Tourelle de la Plate is.
The current symbol is the one used internationally on modern charts. I took it from this document:

https://msi.nga.mil/MSISiteContent/S...art1/Sec_Q.pdf

Quote:
Sorry if a bit negative. Presumably when this one is perfect all the others will be easyl
Sure, positive criticism is always welcome. When you get time, let me know if collision detection works now, if there is foam around the base, and if the wave lapping sound works as supposed.

P.S: I think you wanted to attached an image at the bottom of your last post, but the link was corrupted
gap is offline   Reply With Quote