View Single Post
Old 07-15-17, 05:11 AM   #1
IanH755
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default It's been a while!

Hi All,

Well it's been a while since I bought any new Submarine games which means that I don't think I've visited SubSim in around 5+ years at least but, with the release of Cold Waters I'm back.

My past Naval gaming history started with the original Silent Hunter which I bought over 20 years ago and I was hooked. However in the "golden age" of simulation it was the Janes and Sonalysts titles which really cemented my love for Naval games, as I went through their titles like 668i, Fleet Command, Sub Command, Dangerous Waters etc whilst still keeping the Silent Hunter series as a "go to" series.

Sadly the last 10 years have seen little which excites me. I tried Command:MA/NO as a Fleet Command replacement but found that, while it was a near perfect simulation, it lacked the feel of a "game".

However recently a few of the gaming Youtube channels I watch have started showing Cold Waters gameplay which is the first new game in a long time which looked fun to play. I still find that it's a little too "arcadey" in it's early form but there's enough simulation behind it (and dev's who are willing to listen to customers) that I think it will mature into a fantastic game.

One good thing is that it rekindled by love for the Sub sim genre and I reinstalled some of the games I haven't played in a very long time (after finding versions that work 10+ years later) and they are still some amazing games!

So that's a brief-ish of my who/what/where/why, I look forward to meeting you in the forum.

Cheers............................................ IanH