Thread: TLAM Strikes?
View Single Post
Old 06-26-17, 08:59 PM   #16
jenrick
Bosun

Downloads: 28
Uploads: 0

Quote:
The crux of the matter is that it's either this or no mission at all, because moving to a viable launch position on the strategic map and clicking on a button is not a challenge at all.
I have no issue with having to launch and get the TLAM's to the circle on the map and then survive exfiltrating as a game-play mechanic. It's giving the player a mission failure for literally something outside of their control (TLAM on target performance) that I have a problem with. I'd think something along the lines of getting to a certain area on the map, selecting fire from the status menu, and then having a bunch of hunter-killer groups converge on you in the strategic map would be a good option as well. Each their own though.

Also in CMANO it's usually the result of firing them into/through a very high density air-defense environment with no attempt at using terrain. It took me a while to get into the habit of actually planning the route, using terrain masking, etc. Once I did that, they became MUCH more effective for me.
jenrick is offline   Reply With Quote