View Single Post
Old 06-26-17, 02:36 AM   #8
p.jakub88
Gunner

Downloads: 123
Uploads: 1

Hello propbeanie,

thank You for the detailed and comprehensive answer i will keep this info in mind for future when playing career in Sh 4.

If i could i would give You and Bubblehead1980 +REP, both of You were very helpful to me.

This is so far the best sim game that i played with excellent mods like TMO and RDRSC .

During my Pacific career i had some funny engagements with enemy merchant ships: for example when i failed to sink a 4000 tons merchant ship with 6 torpedoes (all of them missed the ship by few meters; i know i am a terrible gunner ) i engaged him with my deck gun and fired into him dozen of armor piercing and HE shells slowing him down and converting into Swiss cheese . Finally the poor bastard was sunk by a single torpedo, while the other was a dud.

I also cut another merchant ship in half by an underwater torpedo explosion under his keel, that was quite a sight to see . However, i am still in 1942 year in my career (i started in June 1942 after Midway battle), so the torpedoes are highly unreliable. To be honest, i scored most of my kills so far using deck gun, lol . I watched a video on Youtube about the "Torpedo Scandal" in US Navy during the Pacific war and i was shocked about all those facts. Earlier i thought, that the torpedoes malfunction rate represented in SH4 mods are too high, now i know that it is historically accurate.

Last edited by p.jakub88; 06-26-17 at 03:18 AM.
p.jakub88 is offline   Reply With Quote