Old 06-24-17, 12:33 PM   #73
Kazuaki Shimazaki II
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nippelspanner View Post
Why are you talking about broaching?!
You said "while I have to drive the friggin' boat myself" which suggests part of your frustration is with the manual control. Since I don't think you are complaining about the manual control even though it is a breeze for you, I estimate your frustration is because it is actually challenging.

Quote:
I dislike the text, how it is handled, that there is no log, and that this is all the "captain" has to rely on, when he should have a crew reporting to him in US navy lingo as much as possible, in a simulation about US submarines where you are the captain!
I can certainly accept it is not your cup of tea. However, there is a difference between saying it is not your cup of tea and that it is "unfinished", based on "missing" features that weren't even part of the original design or concept, and are probably antithetical to it. Or calling AI enemies "dumb" even though they are actually threatening to you (which is their most important game function). Or not realizing both CW and DW/SC/688 rely on manual work to drive up the player's workload, only that CW succeeds in making the player work harder.