View Single Post
Old 05-31-17, 05:33 PM   #833
BarracudaUAK
Captain

Downloads: 33
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargamel View Post
yeah but... yeah but.... That Veyron will do 262, the charger has to gasp for 200. 200 is a warmup for the veyron, and it has cup holders, seat warmers, and bluetooth connectivity. And costs about the same as a modern Nascar car.
I think the point of the picture was that between the 1968-69 race season and the 1969-70 Race season, Dodge had gone from a car with a top speed of 180mph, that needed to gain 12hp per 1 MPH, to running 200MPH with the same power, in about a year.
With an otherwise mostly stock production 2 door coupe. (+roll cage, race slicks etc.)
Plus, keep in mind, that the speed shown on the chalk board is AVERAGE.
So either it was going 200.447 mph all the way around the track, OR, it was slowing slightly in the curves, and running faster on the straights.
Which means that the top speed could be much higher.

Cup holders, Seat Warmers, Bluetooth? Umm, why?
Ok, cupholders yeah...but my Pillow top valeur (sp?) seats don't need no stinkin' seat warmers!

Veyron is a 16 cylinder quad turbo making 1200hp, so the simple fact that the Charger can achieve 80% of the top speed, with 33-45% of the power, says a thing or 2 about the Charger...

But if you insist, let's pull a 540cu.in. Hemi crate motor, which is advertised as 900hp+, THEN add boost.
I've read of some of those making over 2000hp! (There is a chevy twin turbo 396 that is 2000hp at the wheels. It's in a 1969 Camaro, good for burnouts at 90mph!)

But all in all, I do like Bugatti. But if Forza 3/4/5 are anything close to the real deal, I would rather drive the EB110. The Veyron doesn't handle all that well.
But the EB110 in the game is really good!

EDIT: check this one out!: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bugatti_Type_252

And let's not forget the crazy nuts that actually drove these cars!
Where they daring? or psychotic?

Barracuda

P.S. ohh yeah, Picture!

Last edited by BarracudaUAK; 05-31-17 at 06:03 PM.
BarracudaUAK is offline   Reply With Quote