View Single Post
Old 05-31-17, 10:47 AM   #6577
MGR1
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 252
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertieck476 View Post
An independent Scotland would be a net receiver from the EU, so the only attraction for them to be allowed to rejoin would be so that the EU countries can continue to rape their seas of fish.
Many SNP supporters are anti-EU - the independence means independence crowd. As they comprise something like 40% of the SNP support they're a bit of a knotty problem for La Sturgeon's pro-EU line.

For my part I'll probably be voting for the Tories - I won't touch SLab with a bargepole. I'll be wasting my vote, but I may as well waste it with style!

As for the Scottish fishing industry, TBH I'd say it's very slowly dying. Too many of the youngsters in the area aren't going into fishing - they're either high on drugs or they have other ambitions. Most of the crews are Poles or Filipinos with Scottish senior hands and skippers.

Anyway back to the election, here's an article from the New Statesman giving at least one perspective from Northern Ireland:

Forget Jeremy Corbyn - English politicians are strangely silent on Northern Ireland's real problems

An article on Northern Ireland from Conservative Home:

Henry Hill: The dividends of May’s tough new Northern Irish position

and their latest Scotland article:

Political gravity looks to be catching up with the SNP

Mike.
"I am the battleship Jean Bart. This name originates from a certain 'respected' privateer... Yes? You want to know what privateers are? Hmph, they are pirates that rob openly under the banner of their country."

Jean Bart from the mobile game Azur Lane.

Last edited by MGR1; 05-31-17 at 05:26 PM.