View Single Post
Old 05-03-17, 06:42 AM   #6403
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
The EU now demands an additional 40 billion in administration costs.

If I were the UK, I would dumb all support for counter terrorism cooperation and intel exchange (Europe benefits incredibly much more from the Britons here than the UK benefits from intel feedback from the continent), and withdraw all military support in cooperaiton with Europe, also withdraw the nuclear weapons from the deterrants pool of NATO.

Just to remind the continent a little bit on some extremely important facts. I beleive in reciprocity. If the EU wants to play this ultra-tough and ultra-dirty, give the change in the currency it has choosen.
Fully agree Sky, apart from the NATO commitment. The EU will be bolstered if Le Pen loses in France but the UK/May retains her option of simply walking away and hitting the EU with mirror-like tariffs should that be the eventual consequence.

An example of the above could be:

Nissan face lets say a 10% charge on each car exported to the EU.....so BMW face an identical charge for importing each of their cars into the UK.

The EU exports a lot more into the UK than what the UK exports into the EU.

I find it rather strangely amusing that two of the most powerful beaurocrats, those with the biggest say, namely Juncker and Tusk come from net receiving countries....just a coincidence I suppose (meant sarcastically).

The bottom line for me is I believe the EU must make an example of the UK to deter any further countries leaving but common sense will eventually prevail because neither side want or can afford a trade war.

The EU should not try to undermine the resolve of the British people, surely past history should still be fresh in their minds.

Interesting times ahead me thinks.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)