View Single Post
Old 04-15-17, 12:15 AM   #45
BrucePartington
XO

Downloads: 33
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by vienna View Post
Sorry to let you know, but Sears is just about to go down the same path as Radio Shack. Sears is closing stores all over the US; I just heard on the news this morning about the closing of one of their biggest stores in Orange County, CA. Sears has already sold off their Craftsman tool line to another company and has been selling other assets in an effort to stay afloat. A lot of talk has been circulating that Sears will shrink down to being a sort of real estate holding company and abandon retail altogether; Sears apparently owns, outright, a large number of the buildings housing their stores in prime real estate areas and will seek to lease those properties to other businesses. Its the sad passing of another US retail institution...

<O>
That bit of news made me sad. It used to be a joy to find just the right tool at Sears.
It seems we have fewer options every year. Also, it seems corporations are deliberately making it difficult for us to fix things. No surprise there.

This made me realize how long it has been for me. I should cross the pond soon, to see how much things have changed.