View Single Post
Old 04-14-17, 09:18 PM   #39
moose1am
Frogman

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

It's a racket these days with all the different type of security screw heads that are made and used in various electronic products. You can't survive or open up anything these days without 10 different sets of security screw drivers or hex heads. I had to go online to buy a 2.5 mm hex head driver bit for the screws on my 10 dollar cheap reading glasses. They are held together with hex headed tiny screw head type screws. It's cheaper to buy a new pair of eyeglasses than to pay for the screw drive set and shipping. But I don't like to throw stuff away. I'm old school and like to repair as many things as I can. So I went online to get the new driver that fit the screw heads.

What if the government had not standardized the rail roads back in the 1800's? The track gages would all be different as no one would have coordinated the track gage size so that trains could run on the same sized track all across the country.

I have more driver bit tools now than I had back in the 1990's. Back in the 1950's is was much simpler. My grandfather had a wooden box for his tools and he could build a barn or fix his washing machine with all those tools in that wooden box. He worked for the Washing Machine Company and also owned his own TV and Radio Repair Shop during the depression in the 1930's. Raise four kids and plenty of grand kids using his hands and his tools.

Moose1am

My avatar resembles the moderator as they are the ones that control the avatar on my page.
moose1am is offline   Reply With Quote