View Single Post
Old 04-14-17, 12:37 PM   #35
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrucePartington View Post
This is the trend now. Even for car parts. If you have a less than recent car, chances are some parts can only be traced on ebay.
For the most part, people no longer bother with repairing, they just strut in and buy a newer version of whatever. I think it is the result of a few factors in modern society: affordability, fast paced lifestyles, and instant gratification.
I found my best desktop PC leaning against a trash can. The reason? A burned graphics card.
If I were living in the US I'd just walk into a Sears store and get a Craftsman tool set. I'm sure they have even the smallest of sizes.
Sorry to let you know, but Sears is just about to go down the same path as Radio Shack. Sears is closing stores all over the US; I just heard on the news this morning about the closing of one of their biggest stores in Orange County, CA. Sears has already sold off their Craftsman tool line to another company and has been selling other assets in an effort to stay afloat. A lot of talk has been circulating that Sears will shrink down to being a sort of real estate holding company and abandon retail altogether; Sears apparently owns, outright, a large number of the buildings housing their stores in prime real estate areas and will seek to lease those properties to other businesses. Its the sad passing of another US retail institution...

<O>