View Single Post
Old 03-23-17, 12:45 PM   #625
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Default A happy ending: no shots fired

Rough night in Jericho! No sooner had i finished my In & Out burger and a vodka gimlet....I got summoned to San Francisco to do a security job!!!Right in the middle of the US vs Puerto Rico World baseball final game featuring Brandon Crawford and Angel Pagan: both of the SF Giants! US won 8-0! A nasty accident involving both directions on I-80 shut down everything for an added hour of commute-backed up for ten miles at least!. The job turned out to be an ATM new-install with carpenters. Eight hours total... down from some that take 20 hours. This carpenter was good. Someone allegedly reported 'unusual activity' at the bank (in the notorious Sunnydale district-hookers, drunks, and homeless ) So around midnight, sudden-like: a SWAT team of SF's finest shows up: 4 squad cars: 8 gendarmes: one armed with an M-16 even!I was polite and asked if their body cameras were turned on... "So I could die gloriously". (they weren't.) They all looked like overeager kids to me; indeed one was on his first night as a probation-trainee. Nice to be used for practice! Mollified after seeing real sawdust on the sidewalk (street-smarts 101: bad guys don't do sawdust) they turned their attention to a homeless sleeper on the sidewalk up the block, and departed w/o further ado. I got home by 03:30; made the coffee for spouse; crashed; and then up again at 08:00 to let in the house-keeper.Good thing old guys don't need much sleep.....EDIT: my boss just called to apologize; he was unaware it was a lengthy install; usually reserved for construction-site guards (who R cheaper.)

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"

Last edited by Aktungbby; 03-23-17 at 01:05 PM.
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote