View Single Post
Old 03-22-17, 01:40 PM   #28
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

The battles are not very accurately modeled, and for several reasons, not the least of which is that it is a bother of nth degree to get even close to the ship level, much less accurate ship representations. I have no idea how many different types of vessels there were in each of the navies in WW2, but I do know that even with FotRSU, that you don't even see 10% of what was there as far as "Classes" go. Then there's the shear number involved in the battles. The game chokes sometimes on one airplane and four ships, so imagine if you've got something with hundreds of planes and hundreds of ships. lurker_hlb3 tried to be reasonably accurate with his RSRDC (Run Silent Run Deep Campaign), but had to make "compromises" with the available ships and numbers used. One of the big things is that if you get within 20km of a spawn site, the entire group will not spawn, so you might be short a few dozen vessels / planes from the scenario if you're in the "wrong" place. On top of all of that, the opponents and their associated AI do not "perform" battles very well. The airplanes won't even shoot at each other... All that said, it's still grand fun, and I couldn't care less about "historical accuracy"...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote