Thread: [REL] FOTRS Ultimate Project
View Single Post
Old 03-12-17, 10:45 AM   #4177
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

Well, I'll be going through all the files again, and probably having cdrsubron7 double-check my work. If I can get a "method from the madness", we could divvy-up and all use the same procedure. I tried to do a "survey" of the ship's max speeds, but using S3Ditor for that can be an exercise in futility. I might see if J-G can think of a script for that... we just want the ships Class= and MaxSpeed= fields... I think...

My only issue with fixing it with changing speeds "in the field" ("ocean"??), is that a convoy at 9 knots with DD capable of 30+ knots, and you "hear" the convoy, but not the DD...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnScurvy
It will be heard as expected, even if the ship is doing 2 knots. I found this out when I had that 20kt Yubari initial starting position going straight south 180 degrees, yet had the waypoint bearing at an angle from its start point. At the test mission start, it took the ship several minutes to correct for the change in direction, slowly building up speed as it changed bearing unto the end waypoint bearing. I could hear the ship just fine, below its set 20kt speed for the waypoint.
Now, being the artist that I am (ahem), I'll use the keyboard slash & pipe keys to try to illustrate what I think I'm understanding:

Code:
        ship set @ 212 degrees //
                              //             in other words, you'd set the 
                             //              vessel on the sea, but hadn't
              waypoint      o                hit the "Head To Waypoint"
          set direction=   ||                so it had to "turn" prior to
                           ||                getting itself up to speed?
                           ||
                           ||
                           ||
                           v
If I'm correct in my understanding, why would it be "hearable" under those circumstances, and yet the others take off right away "at speed"... ??

"...and bollocks to the naysayers" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote