View Single Post
Old 03-03-17, 04:00 PM   #4013
Bleiente
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnScurvy View Post
For those that are concerned about this, chances are you know how to change the Time Compression back to what you want anyway. So, have at it.

Lowering the maximum TC for game play in FOTRS Ultimate is to keep this heavily modeled modified game from causing issues with the lag time it takes to return to zero TC from the time a detected threat occurs. It's simply an attempt to keep you from ending up in the middle of a slowly rendered/highly modeled convoy due to the lag time it takes for the TC to drop to zero.

I don't know of anyone that hasn't encountered the slow/sluggish response of just trying to change the Time Compression speed once it gets above a certain point. That lack of response is the "Lag Time" I'm talking about. Keeping your TC at a lower level will improve game play and help in keeping unwanted issues like running aground or ending up in the middle of a warship task force.
I find this attitude as well as edition of CapnScurvy correct and appropriate, this he has not set for no reason so.
The old SH engine simply leaves no room if you want to play such a large modification error-free.

I myself only let a TC of 1024 run with my compilation, this excludes as far as possible errors.

I do not know ... to meet a flying destroyer is certainly not nice.
You can not torpedo him - but he'll throw you with water bombs.
Not a very pleasant performance.

And this is still the most harmless consequence.

Greetings Ralle