Old 02-09-17, 07:57 PM   #3801
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larrywb57 View Post
Hello Captains,
Boy, I need a note to give to my bosses at work. My job is interfering with this vital testing of 100_FalloftheRisingSun_Ulimate_v0.52_PublicBeta_EN !

I ran into this yesterday on a mission to Marshall Islands to sink enemy shipping. Got passed the submarine net, which didn't see any mines. ID a ship that was a whaling ship that was stationary. Four torpedoes made a nice reef for the fish! But wait, checked the scope, whaling ship was still afloat, so what did we sink? Checked Captain Log and the ship sunk was Large Old Tanker. The screenshots are location and pictures of the ships after reloading the mission.

... pic ...

I have since downloaded version 0.53 and all my saves from version 0.52 are gone.

Happy Hunting!
Is that two ship-sunk icons on the map? or just one and the center of the circle you drew? The Whale Factory ship (NCVW) has a draft of 7.1 meters (22 feet), while the Large Old Tanker (T07B) has a draft of 9.3 meters, or about 29 feet. I've had this before myself, where one vessel "masks" another. I aim at the visible target, the torps run deep and pass beneath the target, and hit the next vessel, which has a deeper draft. In fact, look at this one, at about the 2:30 to 3:00 mark:

You'll see 2 torps pass beneath the Catapult ship and one impact the bow of the Bismarck in a test mission for Fall of the Rising Sun.

"...and bollocks to the naysayers" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote