View Single Post
Old 02-07-17, 05:20 AM   #1496
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Suffice to say I've been monitoring events on this thread since its inception and even more so over recent days.

So, if I may and in bite-size chunks.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeda Shingen View Post
It's nice of you to say, and I apologize for crying on your shoulder. I am angry, and I know exactly where that anger comes from -- fear. My wife and I are scared all the time. What if we were to lose them? What would we do? How do you go on from that?

We don't let on to the girls, but kids are smart. They know when something isn't right. I vacated my position at the university so that I could be home with them all the time. I drop them off at school. I pick them. Up. Christ, I get there an hour ahead of time so that I am first in line. She calls home every hour. "Are they okay?" "Did the school call?" They don't go to friends houses. They never go outside alone, and they stay inside as much as possible. And daddy and mommy look so tired all the time. They know we don't sleep.

It breaks you Jamie. It crushes you down until there's nothing left but hate, and you're on SubSim at 11:15 pm alternating between outright hostility and gushing about despair. And my wife is right here next to me, watching reruns of Wings and trying not to cry. Our life is hell. We've got each other and that's it.
It grieves me to learn of the above Tom and I'd like you to know that there is a part of me regretting the fact I'm not able to be at your side to deal with these real life events which are totally inexcusable in any way shape or form. Dealing with such disgusting behaviour used to be my bread and butter and as a younger man, with the right training and support I readily admit I enjoyed dealing with the challenges as they presented themselves.

I wish you and your family every success and happiness in your future surroundings. I have relatives in Perth and they lead me to believe it is a wonderful place to plant your roots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
No-one should have to go through that Tak, and for such a simple thing, for helping in the community. No, it's an ugly thing that has awoken from slumber and I'm glad you're getting away from it. I won't pretend that Australia is free from problems but it seems to have its head on straighter than many at the moment, certainly better than the rest of the western world.
I don't know where things are going in the western world right now, I see the rise of far-right groups, who, if you had said twenty years ago they would be so close to power you'd have been laughed off the fledgling internet. It seems that in times of economic crisis we once again fall into the same old traps that our predecessors walked into, the sirens call of the men and women who say "We can fix this, it's all their fault."
History may not repeat, but it sure as hell does rhyme, as the saying goes.
Well said Jamie and knowing you personally as I do, I know how sincere you are in writing the above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve View Post
Okay, you're truly starting to sound like a troll here. Whether the people responsible for Takeda's problems are Conservative, Liberal, or anything else is irrelevant. He is undergoing some serious problems, and you're trying to blame it on him. This is less of what I was defending earlier and getting more personal.

This needs to stop. You're once again trying to blame everything on "the other side". I tried to explain to you that hate knows no sides, but you keep sticking to your single track.

You apparently missed the point altogether, or else chose to ignore it. The point was that you don't seem to be interested in having an honest discussion with anyone, ever. As I said at the beginning of this post, your posts are starting to sound more and more like trolling, and that will not be tolerated.
Yubba, read the above (from Steve in particular) very carefully Sir.

Now I suggest you read this...

Quote:
May be they'll talk about this,,,

Management Notification: Don't try my better side anymore, I'm done with the warnings.
Last edited by Jimbuna; 02-01-2017 at 12:08 AM. Reason: No more and that is the final warning.
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...91&postcount=4

Should you choose to ignore, the choice is yours but don't ever say you weren't forewarned of the potential consequences.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)