Red October1984
Airplane Nerd

Downloads: 115
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
Gun news
I'm hoping I can get my hands on one.

I like Beretta (and probably will carry one if I'm not convinced otherwise) but I like Sig a lot more.

As soon as the surplus M9's reach market I'm hopefully gonna snag one up. Although here soon I'll be saving for the Beretta 96 chambered in .40

I don't care much for 9mm and .45 has too many disadvantages as a CCW caliber. Missouri recently changed laws that loosened restrictions but I'll still get my permit to go out of state. On top of that, if I'm at home I have a shotgun which is way better for defense anyway.

As far as the 9mm M9's, my uncle carried one in Iraq and said at the time the issue ones were awful. Nearly blew up in his hand after he dropped it and dented the barrel in. Good thing he found out before he had to fire it. The civilian market ones (92) are supposedly way better and have an easier trigger pull. I've not fired a proper M9 but have been behind 92's and I think they're great as long as they don't get dented like has been claimed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
Safety? We dont need no stinking safety. . Here's a 1939 Soviet TT33 from my collection. Other than not chambering a round there was no safety feature built into the weapon.
Also going to get a Tokarev to go with my Mosin-Nagant.

EDIT: These aren't too expensive so I was thinking about one of these. It's not a true Russian model, being Romanian and all, but it's still a Tokarev

I am a simple man. I love German cars, Russian weapons and (proper, not the Olive Garden food chain bullcrap) Italian food.

Last edited by Red October1984; 02-01-17 at 08:59 PM.
Red October1984 is offline   Reply With Quote