View Single Post
Old 01-19-17, 09:07 AM   #3544
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValoWay
As long as it doesn't crash often I would then try it out, too! I have had a lot of issues getting sh3 to run without crashes recently which is why I started to toy with TMO. I'm not sure if it is TMO or vanilla but the dark blue water looks really weird to me.
It's TMO, the stock game kept the water color of SHIII.

Coming from the North Atlantic as you are with SHIII, the water looks grey, washed out........you know you're in the South Pacific with the deep blue water color change!?!

Regarding CTD's........ you've not mentioned what OS your computer uses, or how much memory your system has?

If you have at least 4 gigs of RAM memory, are you using Large Address Aware (LAA)? By all means, follow the threads instruction and put it to use on SH4 (and SHIII). Both of these games are more than cousins....their attached at the hip! Both developed nearly 15 years ago when 2 gigs of system RAM was considered "overkill" in a computer. Put your memory to use with these old games by using LAA.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote