View Single Post
Old 01-19-17, 09:05 AM   #18
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Back in June, Windows 7 Pro suffered an update crash that required me to hit the power button to shut down or it would still be updating. When I rebooted, Windows didn't. I was very busy with FOTRSU at that time, so I just booted Ubuntu off my other drive and went to work on the mod.

Fixing my Windows installation won't be too difficult, but Ubuntu has been so good I really haven't missed it and somehow haven't found the time to fix it. I'm running Teamviewer, Firefox, Thunderbird, Skype, Steam, Silent Hunter 4, Clementine (my favorite music handler, 2x replacement for Windows Media Player), Audacity, Google Earth, Keepass2, Silent Hunter 4, Radio Sure, Cartes du Ciel (Skycharts), VLC Media player, Libre Office--heck, the only thing I'm missing is a Linux version of Unreal Tournament III. All the other Steam games I have have Linux versions which I play. I play online with Windows players even and they don't know there's a difference in our computers!

Every time I'm faced with something I "can't do" I find something like Asunder CD ripper that works better than anything in Windows! Frankly, I'm supremely unmotivated to recover my Windows installation.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote