Old 01-17-17, 09:03 PM   #1457
KilooliK
Watch

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPSchazly View Post
Be sure to check out the Lada if you want a towed

If you want to report bugs, you should submit them directly to the RA forums at redrodgers.com

The Lada doesnt seem to be able to launch a SSM above the surface of the water. Ive launched them at 25m, 35m, and 55m, and none of them take flight. They all go "gray" and sink to the bottom. Fired at 4knots. Even tried snapshots. When they do manage to break the surface and miss, it wont let me assign the target to another SSM tube. I have to do a snapshot with waypoints.

The difficulty increase with the RA mod takes some of the fun out of DW. Using my Kilo, it took me 6 Klub ASM and 6 Test 71 torpedoes before I could manage 1 hit on a french destroyer, on medium difficulty. Even guiding the torpedoes manually. If the torp is in line and looking good, about to make a hit, the contact will suddenly disappear and reappear 500 yards in another direction. The torpedoes also become stupid once they close to within 500 yards and turn every which way, except in the direction of the target. And missiles ALWAYS get shot out of the air. Always. Especially on hard. Kinda worthless. You have a better chance at ramming a boat then you do at shooting it with any weaponry. Boats also seem to be able to outrun and outmaneuver my torpedoes. I switched to the Akula lll in hopes the Sizzler ASM, with its supersonic warhead, would be able punch through a ships defenses without getting shot out of the air. Only 1 out of 7 made it through. And all were in supersonic stage. Damn those boats are tough..

And they seem to always know your location and heading, even if they arent shooting at you. Almost impossible to get behind a boat, in an effort to use wake homing torpedoes for a higher hit percentage. The boat always keeps its nose in my direction and bounces around the map. With its nose pointed at me. Really?

Dont get me wrong, this mod is great. Lots of platforms and new weapons. I just dont think it should take 6 torps in order to luck out and get 1 hit. And missiles should have a much higher hit %. If they were this easy to shoot out of the air, every single nation would discontinue their usage because it would be a colossal waste of money to shoot them. Kinda a buzzkill.

Last edited by KilooliK; 01-17-17 at 10:03 PM.
KilooliK is offline   Reply With Quote